Friday, September 22, 2006

Don Penta's View of the Portland Trail 10K Race

Photos may not be in order as they are from three or more cameras.

Dear David,

I took the "Start" photos and then took the Narrow Gauge train back to the finish line. I realized that I left your Sony package behind a large rock near the start line.
So I rushed back to the start area on foot with my Nikon F-100 and picked up your Sony package. By that time, the first finishers caught up to me and I took photos of them with my Nikon F-100 with 28 to 105 mm zoom, my usual camera for shooting larger groups of runners. Fortunately, I accosted a lady on roller-blades and asked her to return your package back to the finish line before you finished. She did.
 
Usually my photos of "first finishers" are taken with my F-90-X and 180 mm lens. I took the F-100 with zoom lens because it is a lighter package. Unfortunately I only took one roll of film with me when I picked up your package. When I got back to the finish line I started shooting with my 180 telephoto until the pack thickened. I also shot about 40 digital photos with my D-100.
 
Take care,
 
Don

No comments: