Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Maine Track Club member, Mike Brooks to run 72 hour race

                    www.acrosstheyears.com

I am running a 72 hour race starting Saturday the 29th and ending New
Years Day. You can learn about the race and follow my progress or lack of it
on the above website. Even if you are not interested in what I am doing you
should check out this great website. My goals are 75 miles day 1 , 70 day 2
and 56 day 3 for 201 miles. I will be very surprised if I do this. The last
time I did this race I ran 183 miles but I was younger then and did not have
a hamstring injury.
  You can also send me a message during the race and there will be a mailbox
on the course where I can pick it up. Info for this will be on the website
by race start. I hope to hear from all of you during the race. If I am
behind on my mileage be sure to send me a nasty message telling me so. This
might motivate me enough to pick up the pace.
  At midnight New Years Eve think of all the fun I am having on my third day
of circling a 500 meter track sipping champagne with my fellow runners in
the Arizona desert!

http://www.acrosstheyears.com/cgi-bin/livesplits.cgi?y=2007&rid=348
  
            Cheers and a Happy New Year,
                  Mike        
  
  

No comments: